Can I travel after getting the COVID-19 vaccine? Experts say that those who have been fully vaccinated (receiving both shots for the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines or one for the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine) it is likely safe to travel again. #FullyVaccinated #COVID19Vaccine #Travel
Can I travel after getting the COVID-19 vaccine?
It is that time of year when many people are looking forward to their summer vacation plans. However, people may be wondering if this is finally a time when they can travel with minimal health risks, or if they may have to postpone adventures once again, just as they did last summer, when the global pandemic was still raging?
Though social distancing, sanitation and crowd limits press on this year, a few things have changed since last summer. After a year of living in a pandemic, doctors and the public in general have learned what is working and what is not in regard to managing surges and avoiding a rush on hospitals and health centers.
In addition, various effective COVID-19 vaccines have been administered to millions of people, and another is potentially on the horizon. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, these vaccines are effective at protecting people from getting seriously sick. People who have been fully vaccinated can start to do some things they ceased doing because of the pandemic. Many may wonder if that means traveling.
Experts say that those who have been fully vaccinated (receiving both shots for the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines or one for the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine) it is likely safe to travel again. But caution is still needed. The vaccines do not immediately provide full protection. The Pfizer or Moderna vaccines provide full vaccination two weeks after the second dose, while the J&J vaccine provides protection two weeks after the single dose is administered.
The CDC offers that those who have been fully vaccinated can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing masks, and gather indoors with unvaccinated people from one other household without masks, unless any of those people or anyone they live with has an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
However, some things have not changed even for people who have been vaccinated. Gathering with unvaccinated people (or if you cannot confirm they’ve been vaccinated, such as on an airplane or in other public settings) still requires wearing a mask, staying at least six feet apart from others, avoiding crowds, and avoiding poorly ventilated spaces.
Experts, like Dr. Chris Beyrer, a professor of epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health notes, “We also do not know the answer to the question, ‘Are people who have been immunized still infectious to others?'”
There also is concern about how well vaccines will protect against all the COVID variants.
Until more is known about long-term vaccine efficacy and until more people receive their full doses, it may be wise to avoid normal travel patterns this summer, and standard precautions should still be implemented for those who choose to get away.
Check out this article Travel for Fully Vaccinated People from the CDC!
Article Compliments of MetroCreative : SL216006
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe to Steve Sews Stuff Blog Posts:
Don’t Miss Another How-to Video, Podcast or any other blog posts from Steve Sews Stuff. Subscribe today! Just enter your email address below to subscribe!
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- AncestryDNA Kit ReviewAncestryDNA Kit Review - I recently took the AncestryDNA Kit and I am going to share about my experience. #AncestryDNA #DNAKit AncestryDNA Kit Review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at AncestryDNA Kit Review ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- The Adventure Bible For Kids ReviewThe Adventure Bible For Kids Review I got to review this Bible for kids. #Bible #AdventureBible #bgbg2 #BibleGatewayPartner The Adventure Bible For Kids Review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Adventure Bible For Kids Review ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
- Acronym for Father PrintableChristian acronym for the word "Father". It is done like a free verse acrostic poem. You can even download a free version! Written by Steve Patterson. #Father #Dad #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #FatherAcronym Acronym for Father Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Father Printable… Read more »
- Twas the Day After Bible School PrintableTwas the Day After Bible School Printable - Here is a free printable about a poem about the day after Vacation Bible School. This talks about the day after Vacation Bible School is done. I also make up a printable version too. #VBS #VacationBibleSchool Twas the Day After Bible School… Read more »
- A-Z of Father’s DayA-Z of Father's Day - An A to Z list of things related to Father's Day and/or being a Dad. #FathersDay A-Z of Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Father’s Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music WorkaroundAlexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround - Get tired of Alexa not dismissing playing music? Here is one workaround. #Alexa #EchoDot Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Happy Memorial DayHappy Memorial Day! Thank you to those men and women who died to protect our freedoms. Plus. Special shoutout to One that shed His blood for our ultimate freedom ... Jesus! #MemorialDay Happy Memorial Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Memorial Day ©2004-2021… Read more »
- SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews StuffSteve Sews Stuff SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff - Steve shares stuff he sews such as face masks, zipper clutches, pocket tissue holders and much more. Plus Steve is learning how to quilt and will share that experience too. #Quilt #Sewing SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff… Read more »
- Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaningLeaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning - Have you ever seen coins on a gravestone. I’m talking about pennies nickels dimes and quarters. Have you ever wondered what they meant? Each coin has a significant meaning. Includes FREE printable version! Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning… Read more »