Local Fabric Stores – other then buying fabric at big stores, I have supported some local fabric stores. Where you can find the best fabrics for masks making! (Local or within 2 hours of East Tennessee)
Local Fabric Stores
Keep in mind this list is local to me, As I live in East Tennessee. These are all within 2 hours or so from Jefferson City, TN. These small independent local fabric shops have the best fabric choices over the big box chains. You should really check out your local fabric or quilt shops!
These are in no particular order.
1. Cosby Fabrics & Crafts
This is the first one I got to visit. They are located about an hour from me in Harrogate, TN. Right near the Tennessee, Kentucky border. They have a lot of fabric to choose from. For example, I got coke a Tennessee Vols, M&M’s, Butterfinger, Pink Nursing, Breast Cancer Awareness, and more etc.
Don’t confuse Mrs. Cosby’s fabric store for being in Cosby, TN. Cosby is the owner’s last name and located in Harrogate, TN. They are on a road parallel to the main highway there, almost adjacent to one of my favorite restaurants: Haymakers BBQ.
662 Patterson Road
Harrogate, TN 37752
2. Old Town Fabric
This one is not that local, but still a good drive. It is around 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive from me. They are located in Berea, KY. They sell all kinds of fabrics too. I got my Navy one there. I also got some Peanuts fabrics there. Plus, the white Nurses fabric.
132 N Broadway
Berea, KY 40403
While you are there! Eat at PapaLeno’s!
3. The Quilt Patch
My wife visited this one and got me some faith-based fabrics. I finally got to go and visit and got more Sport Team fabrics like Florida and Georgia. I also got a few military ones (Marines, Army and Air Force). They are located just a little over an hour from me in LaFollette, TN. They even have huge quilting machines. I mean huge!
2221 Jacksboro Pike
LaFollette, TN 37766
4. Stitch ‘n Time Fabric Outlet
This fabric shop is located about 35 minutes from me in Bean Station, TN. This is one of the places I got my cat fabrics from. They have all kinds of cool fabric choices too.
2223 Broadway Drive
Bean Station, TN 37708
5. Little Women Quilt Shop
This one is a cute little shop where I live. So it is not even 10 minutes from me. They sell a lot of quilting type fabric, including solid colors. They even have the face mask panel with 18 faces on it like, monsters, cows, pigs, etc. They sell a lot of cool quilting-type fabrics. Plus, they are going to have classes soon. Like a T-Shirt quilting class. Which, I have been saving t-shirts for many years to make one day. I just might join that class! THey are very friendly there! Stop in and tell Hunter, Steve sent you.
They also have a discount card program.
85 Martha Glass Drive
Jefferson City, TN 37760
6. Foothills of the Smoky’s Quilt Shop
Kind of a hidden gem. Found in the Cosby, TN, part of the Smoky Mountains. This quilt shop sells a lot of kinds of quilting fabrics and even quilting panels. I got some fabric from his place and plan to be back. Enjoy shopping in this log cabin and rustic feel inside too. She also sells quilts and other sewing projects created.
3892 Cosby Highway
Cosby, TN 37722
7. Beckie’s Sewing Center
Here is a nice local place to buy fabric and sewing machines (including embroidery, surgers, etc.). They also sell vinyl and cross stitching DMC floss. Tell them you are a first time person and might give you something with Beckie’s Sewing Center on it. Like I got a small note book and ink pen with that on it. They have all kinds of fabric to choose from too.
They have a discount program too.
2030 Old Highway 25E
Tazewell, TN 37879
8. Twisted Sisters Quilt Shop
A great fabric store with a lot of choices of fabric to choose from. They have friendly staff and even customers. There are many, many rooms of fabric I will add. They even have a discount program you can join. I found me a lot of fabric for face masks and my other products. Plus, some to attempt my nautical quilt which will be my first quilt I have made. There was so much more I wanted but wow!
240 Gill Street
Alcoa, TN 37701
9. Mountain Creek Quilt Shop
This is an awesome gem! Not only do they have a huge selection of fabric, they also do classes. I found a lot of fabric here that I am going to use for that nautical quilt I am going to attempt, but also for more face masks. They also had a huge amount of fabrics that I would loved to have had. The staff is very friendly and helpful here too. Do make sure you verify their hours for that day before arriving.
3531 US Hwy 411S
Maryville, TN 37801
10. Mom & Megg Quilt Shop
This is a nice small little gem in Historic Dandridge. They sell good quilting fabric and even some quilting supplies. The ladies there were very friendly and helpful during my visit too. They are next to a popular sweet spot too! (Sheree’s Sweets & Treats Parlor). So double whammy for your visit.
808 Valley Home Road
Dandridge, TN 37725
11. Sew Unique
Here is another local fabric store. This one is located in Clinton, TN. I did notice some of the fabric I have seen at like JoAnn’s before. They had some neat fabrics here. Plus some quilting supplies too.
403 Hillcrest Street
Clinton, TN 37716
12. Foam and Fabric Outlet
Here is a great fabric store that is just under a 2-hour drive for me. You can not only buy fabric, but you can buy foam and other stuff for the home sewer too. They had a lot of choices of fabric here.
3049 Hendersonville Hwy.
Fletcher, NC 28732
List is not all of the local fabric shops
With any of these places tell them SteveZ MaskZ sent you!
If you are a fabric store and are located within around a couple of hours drive from Jefferson City, TN, feel free to contact SteveZ MaskZ so I can check you out and possibly add you to this list!
This is not all of them! There are many more, I have just not got to visit yet. I try to buy fabrics from local fabric stores. But, I have also got fabrics from Hobby Lobby, Walmart, and JoAnn’s Fabrics.
But, the local fabric stores, sell fabrics that the big chains can’t. So look up what fabric and quilt shops are near you. Go visit them! Find the coolest fabrics that you may not be able to find anywhere else!
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe to Steve Sews Stuff Blog Posts:
Don’t Miss Another How-to Video, Podcast or any other blog posts from Steve Sews Stuff. Subscribe today! Just enter your email address below to subscribe!
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- AncestryDNA Kit ReviewAncestryDNA Kit Review - I recently took the AncestryDNA Kit and I am going to share about my experience. #AncestryDNA #DNAKit AncestryDNA Kit Review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at AncestryDNA Kit Review ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- The Adventure Bible For Kids ReviewThe Adventure Bible For Kids Review I got to review this Bible for kids. #Bible #AdventureBible #bgbg2 #BibleGatewayPartner The Adventure Bible For Kids Review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Adventure Bible For Kids Review ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
- Acronym for Father PrintableChristian acronym for the word "Father". It is done like a free verse acrostic poem. You can even download a free version! Written by Steve Patterson. #Father #Dad #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #FatherAcronym Acronym for Father Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Father Printable… Read more »
- Twas the Day After Bible School PrintableTwas the Day After Bible School Printable - Here is a free printable about a poem about the day after Vacation Bible School. This talks about the day after Vacation Bible School is done. I also make up a printable version too. #VBS #VacationBibleSchool Twas the Day After Bible School… Read more »
- A-Z of Father’s DayA-Z of Father's Day - An A to Z list of things related to Father's Day and/or being a Dad. #FathersDay A-Z of Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Father’s Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music WorkaroundAlexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround - Get tired of Alexa not dismissing playing music? Here is one workaround. #Alexa #EchoDot Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Alexa Not Dismiss Playing Music Workaround ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Happy Memorial DayHappy Memorial Day! Thank you to those men and women who died to protect our freedoms. Plus. Special shoutout to One that shed His blood for our ultimate freedom ... Jesus! #MemorialDay Happy Memorial Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Memorial Day ©2004-2021… Read more »
- SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews StuffSteve Sews Stuff SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff - Steve shares stuff he sews such as face masks, zipper clutches, pocket tissue holders and much more. Plus Steve is learning how to quilt and will share that experience too. #Quilt #Sewing SteveZ MaskZ is now Steve Sews Stuff… Read more »
- Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaningLeaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning - Have you ever seen coins on a gravestone. I’m talking about pennies nickels dimes and quarters. Have you ever wondered what they meant? Each coin has a significant meaning. Includes FREE printable version! Leaving Coins on a Gravestone and their meaning… Read more »
First published August 31, 2020. Last updated or republished May 23, 2021. (This post will be updated with more fabric shops that I have visited or got some fabric from for products here on SteveZ MaskZ.