Third Vaccine Dose of the Covid-19 Vaccine may be needed – The CDC’s Advisory Committee signed an Immunization Practices’ (ACIP) recommendation that endorsed the use of an additional dose of COVID-19 vaccine for people with moderately to severely compromised immune systems after an initial two-dose vaccine series.
Third Vaccine Dose of the Covid-19 Vaccine may be needed
This official CDC recommendation — which follows FDA’s decision to amend the emergency use authorizations of the vaccines — is an important step in ensuring everyone, including those most vulnerable to COVID-19, can get as much protection as possible from COVID-19 vaccination.
Emerging data suggest some people with moderately to severely compromised immune systems do not always build the same level of immunity compared to people who are not immunocompromised. In addition, in small studiespdf icon, fully vaccinated immunocompromised people have accounted for a large proportion of hospitalized breakthrough cases (40-44%). Immunocompromised people who are infected with SARS CoV-2 are also more likely to transmit the viruspdf icon to household contacts.
While people who are immunocompromised make up about 3% of the U.S. adult population, they are especially vulnerable to COVID-19 because they are more at risk of serious, prolonged illness. Included in CDC’s recommendation are people with a range of conditions, such as recipients of organ or stem cell transplants, people with advanced or untreated HIV infection, active recipients of treatment for cancer, people who are taking some medications that weaken the immune system, and others. A full list of conditions can be found on CDC’s website. The additional dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine should be the same vaccine as the initial series and administered at least four weeks after completing a primary mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series. While vaccination is likely to increase protection in this population, even after vaccination, people who are immunocompromised should continue follow current prevention measures (including wearing a mask, staying 6 feet apart from others they do not live with, and avoiding crowds and poorly ventilated indoor spaces) to protect themselves and those around them against COVID-19 until advised otherwise by their healthcare provider. CDC does not recommend additional doses or booster shots for any other population at this time.
At a time when the Delta variant is surging, an additional vaccine dose for some people with weakened immune systems could help prevent serious and possibly life-threatening COVID-19 cases within this population.
CDC works 24/7 protecting America’s health, safety and security. Whether disease start at home or abroad, are curable or preventable, chronic or acute, or from human activity or deliberate attack, CDC responds to America’s most pressing health threats. CDC is headquartered in Atlanta and has experts located throughout the United States and the world.
Submitted press release
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe to Steve Sews Stuff Blog Posts:
Don’t Miss Another How-to Video, Podcast or any other blog posts from Steve Sews Stuff. Subscribe today! Just enter your email address below to subscribe!
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- A-Z of ThanksgivingA-Z of Thanksgiving a list of things Thanksgiving from A to Z. #Thanksgiving A-Z of Thanksgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Thanksgiving ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- A-Z of HalloweenA-Z of Halloween this is a list of things Halloween from A-Z. #halloween A-Z of Halloween appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Halloween ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- Why do we say trick or treatWhy do we say trick or treat - Kids and adults alike cry out "trick or treat" at each house they visit. Many utter this familiar phrase without a second thought and may have no idea how this familiar custom came to be. #halloween #trickortreat #tricksortreats Why do we say… Read more »
- Bring Your Bible to School DayBring Your Bible to School Day - Students, mark your calendar for Bring your Bible to School Day. Tell your friends, family and everyone! Share this blog post so others will know about it too. Do you know that what you bring to school says a lot about you. You… Read more »
- Where were you when the world stop turning that September Day?Where were you when the world stop turning that September day? That day America was attacked by terrorist. 9/11 We will never forget. #PatriotDay #911 #September11 Where were you when the world stop turning that September Day? appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Where were… Read more »
- Read through the Bible PlanRead through the Bible Plan - a YouVersion Bible App reading plan that will allow you to read the whole bible in one year. #YouVersion Read through the Bible Plan appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Read through the Bible Plan ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Nobody obeys the speed limitNobody obeys the speed limit - You can go 35 mph in the school now and people still swing by here. You can go 45 mph instructions on and still be home in by two. #speed #speeding #speedlimit Nobody obeys the speed limit appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read… Read more »
- International Talk Like a Pirate DayCap'n ChristianBlogR says take the family out for some free fish or chicken & free donuts! Share some Bible Stories of the Sea on International Talk Like A Pirate Day. #ITLAPD2017 #TalkLikeAPirateDay #PirateDay #TalkLikeAPirateDay #LJPirateDay #KKPirateDay #ITLAPD #Pirate International Talk Like a Pirate Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- CPR acronymCPR acronym - a Christian acronym for CPR. #CPR CPR acronym appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at CPR acronym ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian… Read more »