Governor Cuomo Announces New York State to Adopt New CDC Guidance on Mask Use For Fully Vaccinated People – Guidance Reemphasizes the Importance of Getting Vaccinated for COVID-19. #NewYork
Governor Cuomo Announces New York State to Adopt New CDC Guidance on Mask Use For Fully Vaccinated People
New Guidance Issued by CDC Today Available Here
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced that New York State will adopt the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s new guidance on mask use for fully vaccinated people. The guidelines state that fully vaccinated people, defined as two or more weeks after receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, no longer need to wear masks outdoors, except in certain crowded settings and venues. However, masks should still be worn indoors and should still be worn by people who are not fully vaccinated. This guidance reemphasizes the importance of getting vaccinated and closely adhering to public health guidance, particularly if you are not yet vaccinated. Fully vaccinated individuals with immunocompromising conditions should consult with their healthcare provider first.
“The CDC announced new guidance today saying that when Americans who are fully vaccinated are outside, biking, hiking, running, or in small gatherings, you don’t need to wear a mask. That is liberating, especially now that the weather is getting warmer. New York has adopted that guidance, so that’s going to go into effect in the State also and we want to thank CDC for that. This news underscores the fact that if you get vaccinated, more freedom is available to you, and I encourage all eligible New Yorkers who have not yet received the vaccine to make an appointment today.”Governor Cuomo
According to the new CDC guidance, fully vaccinated people can engage in more activities than unvaccinated people, which include:
- Fully vaccinated workers no longer need to be restricted from work following an exposure as long as they are asymptomatic
- Fully vaccinated residents of non-healthcare congregate settings no longer need to quarantine following a known exposure
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Visit with unvaccinated people (including children) from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Participate in outdoor activities and recreation without a mask, except in certain crowded settings and venues
- Resume domestic travel and refrain from testing before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel
- Refrain from testing before leaving the United States for international travel (unless required by the destination) and refrain from self-quarantine after arriving back in the United States.
- Refrain from testing following a known exposure, if asymptomatic, with some exceptions for specific settings
- Refrain from quarantine following a known exposure if asymptomatic
- Refrain from routine screening testing if asymptomatic and feasible (in nonhealthcare settings)
This modification will be noticed to the legislature but will take effect immediately using the exigency provisions of Ch. 71 of the laws of 2021, enacted earlier this year.
by click on the random post button above, you will be taken to a totally random blog post!
Subscribe to Steve Sews Stuff Blog Posts:
Don’t Miss Another How-to Video, Podcast or any other blog posts from Steve Sews Stuff. Subscribe today! Just enter your email address below to subscribe!
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Your Phone Pop can hold your face maskSteve Sews Stuff Your Phone Pop can hold your face mask - My wife showed me this cool hack for holding your face mask with a Pop that you have attached to your phone or tablet. #Pop Your Phone Pop can hold your face mask appeared first on Steve Sews… Read more »
- Happy Father’s DayHappy Father's Day! I share about the brief history of this day. I even share some much read Father related blog post. #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #Father #Dad #Daddy Happy Father’s Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Father’s Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Father Knows Best Church SignFather Knows Best Church Sign This church sign in Greeneville, TN is this weeks Church Sign Saturday. #FathersDay #ChurchSign Father Knows Best Church Sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Father Knows Best Church Sign ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous… Read more »
- Skittles you are wrong the only rainbow that matters is God’s RainbowSkittles you are wrong the only rainbow that matters is God’s Rainbow which you claim Is the Pride rainbow in this display. #Skittles #Rainbow Skittles you are wrong the only rainbow that matters is God’s Rainbow appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Skittles you are… Read more »
- AncestryDNA Kit ReviewAncestryDNA Kit Review - I recently took the AncestryDNA Kit and I am going to share about my experience. #AncestryDNA #DNAKit AncestryDNA Kit Review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at AncestryDNA Kit Review ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- The Adventure Bible For Kids ReviewThe Adventure Bible For Kids Review I got to review this Bible for kids. #Bible #AdventureBible #bgbg2 #BibleGatewayPartner The Adventure Bible For Kids Review appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Adventure Bible For Kids Review ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
- Acronym for Father PrintableChristian acronym for the word "Father". It is done like a free verse acrostic poem. You can even download a free version! Written by Steve Patterson. #Father #Dad #FathersDay #DadsAreAwesome #FatherAcronym Acronym for Father Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Acronym for Father Printable… Read more »