Songs about sewing from time to time you might hear a song or two about sewing or even quilting. Here is a compiled list for you.
Sewing in Songs
Here are some songs that feature sewing or related themes:
- “Needle and Thread” by Alice Cooper – is a song about a woman who sews up her lover’s wounds.
- “Sewing Machine” by Julian Smith
- “A Needle in the Haystack” by The Velvelettes – is a song about searching for love, with a metaphor of a needle in a haystack.
- “Singer Sewing Machine” by the Charlie Daniels Band
- “Quilting Bee” by Bonnie Raitt – is a song about a group of women who come together to quilt and share stories.
- “Love in a Fabric Store” by Lee Hazlewood – is a song about a man who falls in love with a woman he meets in a fabric store.
- “Stitch by Stitch” by Javier Colon – is a song about the process of healing after heartbreak, with the metaphor of sewing.
- “Sewing Machine” by Blur – is a song about a man who works in a sweatshop sewing clothes, and dreams of escaping his job.
- “Singer Sewing Machine” by The Glove – is a song that uses a sewing machine as a metaphor for the creative process.
- “A Baby and a Sewing Machine” by Moe Bandy
- “The Sewing Machine” by Betty Hutton
- “The Sewing Machine Song” by T.R. Kelley
- “Aunt Dinah’s Quilting Party” by The Waltons
- “The Song of the Sewing Machine” by Fanny Brice
- “Dear Sweet Sewing Machine” by Adam Kantor
- “Dear Sweet Sewing Machine” by “Fiddler on the Roof”
- “Coat of Many Colors” by Dolly Parton
- “Stitching It Together” by My Little Pony
- “The Singing Quilter” by Cathy Miller
- “Sew Sew Sew” by Voices of a Nation
- “Two of a Kind: We Are a Patchwork Quilt” by Unknown
There are many other songs that may reference sewing or needlework in some way, but these are a few examples. If you know any others, feel free to share in the comments below.
This is a list of the upcoming events that Steve Sews will be at. If you know of one in the East Tennessee area, let me know.
None at this time. Check back later.
Meet the staff and/or equipment for Steve Sews.
- Brother Stitch (Current Sewing Machine)
- Forge (Circuit)
- Lovees (Stuffed Animals)
- Mendi (My Wife’s Sewing Machine)
- Rosie (Antique Sewing Machine)
- Steve (Steve himself)
- The Masked Bandit (Steve’s older Sewing Machine)
- Van the T-Rex (Helper)
- Zee (Face Mask Model)
Don’t miss a single blog post about sewing, quilting, crafts, and recipes! Plus so much more!
Follow on WordPressFollow Steve Sews Stuff on WordPress.com
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All of Steve’s Blogs
Recent Posts on Steve Sews
Below is a list of the most recent blog posts found on Steve Sews for you to check out.
About Post Author
Search for Sewing on Amazon
Affiliate links used.