Songs about sewing from time to time you might hear a song or two about sewing or even quilting. Here is a compiled list for you.
Sewing in Songs
Here are some songs that feature sewing or related themes:
- “Needle and Thread” by Alice Cooper – is a song about a woman who sews up her lover’s wounds.
- “Sewing Machine” by Julian Smith
- “A Needle in the Haystack” by The Velvelettes – is a song about searching for love, with a metaphor of a needle in a haystack.
- “Singer Sewing Machine” by the Charlie Daniels Band
- “Quilting Bee” by Bonnie Raitt – is a song about a group of women who come together to quilt and share stories.
- “Love in a Fabric Store” by Lee Hazlewood – is a song about a man who falls in love with a woman he meets in a fabric store.
- “Stitch by Stitch” by Javier Colon – is a song about the process of healing after heartbreak, with the metaphor of sewing.
- “Sewing Machine” by Blur – is a song about a man who works in a sweatshop sewing clothes, and dreams of escaping his job.
- “Singer Sewing Machine” by The Glove – is a song that uses a sewing machine as a metaphor for the creative process.
- “A Baby and a Sewing Machine” by Moe Bandy
- “The Sewing Machine” by Betty Hutton
- “The Sewing Machine Song” by T.R. Kelley
- “Aunt Dinah’s Quilting Party” by The Waltons
- “The Song of the Sewing Machine” by Fanny Brice
- “Dear Sweet Sewing Machine” by Adam Kantor
- “Dear Sweet Sewing Machine” by “Fiddler on the Roof”
- “Coat of Many Colors” by Dolly Parton
- “Stitching It Together” by My Little Pony
- “The Singing Quilter” by Cathy Miller
- “Sew Sew Sew” by Voices of a Nation
- “Two of a Kind: We Are a Patchwork Quilt” by Unknown
There are many other songs that may reference sewing or needlework in some way, but these are a few examples. If you know any others, feel free to share in the comments below.
Meet the staff and/or equipment for Steve Sews.
- Brother Stitch (Current Sewing Machine)
- Forge (Circuit)
- Lovees (Stuffed Animals)
- Rosie (Antique Sewing Machine)
- Steve (Steve himself)
- The Masked Bandit (Steve’s older Sewing Machine)
- Van the T-Rex (Helper)
- Zee (Face Mask Model)
Don’t miss a single blog post about sewing, quilting, crafts, and recipes! Plus so much more!
Follow on WordPressFollow Steve Sews Stuff on WordPress.com
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Below are some examples of blog entries from all blogs that I do. (Courageous Christian Father, Steve Sews Stuff and SteveZ DesignZ).
Recent Feed of All of Steve’s Blogs
Clipart: Unsplash, Pixabay, Pexels, Openverse, Adobe Express, Adobe Stock, FreePik, MetroCreative and more. This site uses Amazon Affiliate Ads & Google Ads.