10 Snowy Day sewing projects – Have a snow day? No work? No school? Stuck inside? Love sewing? Here are some ideas to sew on a Snow Day.
10 Snowy Day sewing projects
Here are 10 snowy day sewing projects to keep you warm and creative during those winter days:
- Fleece Blankets: Sew two layers of soft fleece fabric together to create a cozy and warm blanket. You can personalize it with different colors and patterns.
- Knit Scarves: Use a sewing machine to join the ends of a knitted scarf, or create one from scratch by sewing together two strips of knit fabric.
- Mittens: Craft your own mittens by using a warm, insulated fabric. Add a lining for extra warmth.
- Patchwork Quilt: Create a beautiful patchwork quilt by sewing together fabric scraps in various patterns and colors. It’s a perfect way to stay warm and recycle fabric.
- Flannel Pajamas: Sew your own pair of flannel pajamas for ultimate comfort on a snowy night.
- Felted Wool Slippers: Make warm and comfortable slippers by sewing together pieces of felted wool fabric and adding non-slip soles.
- Cable-Knit Pillow Covers: Transform old sweaters into cozy pillow covers with cable-knit designs.
- Fleece Headbands: Keep your ears warm with stylish fleece headbands. Add a bow or button for a personal touch.
- Hot Water Bottle Covers: Sew a cover for your hot water bottle to make it more appealing and comfortable to cuddle with on chilly nights.
- Embroidered Snowflakes: Create beautiful embroidered snowflake designs on pillowcases, table runners, or even clothing items to embrace the snowy season.
These projects are not only practical for the winter season but also provide a creative outlet to keep you busy and warm on those snowy days.
What are other snowy day sewing projects that you can do when you have a snow day?
Feel free to share in the comments below.
This is a list of the upcoming events that Steve Sews will be at. If you know of one in the East Tennessee area, let me know.
None at this time. Check back later.
Meet the staff and/or equipment for Steve Sews.
- Brother Stitch (Current Sewing Machine)
- Forge (Circuit)
- Lovees (Stuffed Animals)
- Mendi (My Wife’s Sewing Machine)
- Rosie (Antique Sewing Machine)
- Steve (Steve himself)
- The Masked Bandit (Steve’s older Sewing Machine)
- Van the T-Rex (Helper)
- Zee (Face Mask Model)
Don’t miss a single blog post about sewing, quilting, crafts, and recipes! Plus so much more!
Follow on WordPressFollow Steve Sews Stuff on WordPress.com
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All of Steve’s Blogs
Recent Posts on Steve Sews
Below is a list of the most recent blog posts found on Steve Sews for you to check out.