1890 Table Etiquette Don’ts – here is a list found at Glenmore Mansion in Jefferson City.
1890 Table Etiquette Don’ts
• Don’t lie back in your chair or place your elbows on the table.
• Don’t sit sideways, but straight to the table.
• Don’t seat yourself until all the ladies at the table are seated.
• Don’t bend your head for each mouthful. Let the food be taken to the mouth, and not the mouth to the food.
• Don’t cut your bread. Break it off.
• Don’t use your knife to carry food to your mouth.
• Don’t make any noise with your mouth when eating.
• Don’t speak with your mouth full or even half full.
• Don’t ever spit a bone or seed upon your plate or the floor.
• Don’t wipe your face with your napkin. It is for the lips and beard only.
• Don’t forget to see that all the ladies are served before you.
• Don’t leave your knife and fork on your plate when sent for a second supply.
• Don’t come to the table half dressed, half washed, half combed.
• Don’t leave the table before the others unless unavoidable and then always ask to be excused.
• Don’t pick teeth at the table, but if it is impossible to hinder it, it should be done behind the napkin.
Meet the staff and/or equipment for Steve Sews.
- Brother Stitch (Current Sewing Machine)
- Forge (Circuit)
- Lovees (Stuffed Animals)
- Rosie (Antique Sewing Machine)
- Steve (Steve himself)
- The Masked Bandit (Steve’s older Sewing Machine)
- Van the T-Rex (Helper)
- Zee (Face Mask Model)
Don’t miss a single blog post about sewing, quilting, crafts, and recipes! Plus so much more!
Follow on WordPressFollow Steve Sews Stuff on WordPress.com
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Below are some examples of blog entries from all blogs that I do. (Courageous Christian Father, Steve Sews Stuff and SteveZ DesignZ).
Recent Feed of All of Steve’s Blogs
Clipart: Unsplash, Pixabay, Pexels, Openverse, Adobe Express, Adobe Stock, FreePik, MetroCreative and more. This site uses Amazon Affiliate Ads & Google Ads.