1890 Table Etiquette Don’ts – here is a list found at Glenmore Mansion in Jefferson City.
1890 Table Etiquette Don’ts
• Don’t lie back in your chair or place your elbows on the table.
• Don’t sit sideways, but straight to the table.
• Don’t seat yourself until all the ladies at the table are seated.
• Don’t bend your head for each mouthful. Let the food be taken to the mouth, and not the mouth to the food.
• Don’t cut your bread. Break it off.
• Don’t use your knife to carry food to your mouth.
• Don’t make any noise with your mouth when eating.
• Don’t speak with your mouth full or even half full.
• Don’t ever spit a bone or seed upon your plate or the floor.
• Don’t wipe your face with your napkin. It is for the lips and beard only.
• Don’t forget to see that all the ladies are served before you.
• Don’t leave your knife and fork on your plate when sent for a second supply.
• Don’t come to the table half dressed, half washed, half combed.
• Don’t leave the table before the others unless unavoidable and then always ask to be excused.
• Don’t pick teeth at the table, but if it is impossible to hinder it, it should be done behind the napkin.
Don’t miss a single blog post about sewing, quilting, and recipes! Plus much more!
Follow on WordPressFollow Steve Sews Stuff on WordPress.com
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All of Steve’s Blogs
- God is like bleach He removes stains no one else canGod is like bleach He removes stains no one else can - He washes us white as snow. #bgbg2 God is like bleach He removes stains no one else can appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at God is like bleach He removes stains no one… Read more »
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park requiring face masks againSteve Sews Stuff Great Smoky Mountain National Park requiring face masks again - Consistent with CDC guidance regarding areas of substantial or high transmission, visitors to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask inside all park buildings. Great Smoky Mountain National Park… Read more »
- 46 Random Bible Verses46 Random Bible Verses - this blog post shares 46 random Bible verses. #bibleverses #bgbg2 46 Random Bible Verses appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 46 Random Bible Verses ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog… Read more »
- Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 - I share some fun facts and famous birthdays for the 6th of August. #August6 Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 ©2004-2022 by Steve… Read more »
- Contact Steve Sews
- My account
- Refunds & Returns Policy
- Steve Sews Stuff Blog
- Steve Sews Stuff Shop