Lt. Gov. Coleman Visits Central High School to Celebrate Vaccine Clinic Led By Students – Lt. Gov. Jacqueline Coleman visited Central High School today to celebrate the opening of a new vaccine clinic in West Louisville that has actively involved students. #Kentucky #COVID19Vaccine
Lt. Gov. Coleman Visits Central High School to Celebrate Vaccine Clinic Led By Students
Through a partnership with UofL Health, students at Central High School led outreach efforts, completing research papers that answered questions from community members about the vaccines and distributing the information to classmates and families. The students’ work was designed to actively combat the spread of misinformation through social media among their community.
Lt. Gov. Coleman’s visit comes two weeks after Gov. Andy Beshear announced the Team Kentucky Vaccination Challenge with a goal of getting 2.5 million Kentuckians their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. When that happens, the state can lift many restrictions on venues and businesses that cater to fewer than 1,000 people. More than 1.7 million Kentuckians have received at least one dose of the safe, effective vaccines.
“Making this vaccine event available at Central High School reduces barriers to care and increases access, particularly in Medically Underserved Areas. We support the initiative of Gov. Beshear and Lt. Gov. Coleman to encourage 2.5 million Kentuckians to get vaccinated so we can reopen our state. If you did not make it to Central High School, our UofL Health Cardinal Stadium vaccine site is a another convenient alternative.”
At present, the highest incidence rate of COVID-19 exists among people 39 and younger. By involving high school students, the Central High vaccine clinic encourages younger Kentuckians to get accurate information and to receive their vaccine.
Lt. Gov. Coleman encouraged all Kentuckians 16 and older to sign up for vaccination appointments, available at more than 500 vaccination sites across the commonwealth. There is now a vaccination site close to where every Kentuckian lives.
The one-day vaccine clinic took place on Saturday, and Central is scheduling second dose appointments about three weeks later at the same location.
To see all vaccination sites and free transportation options to and from vaccination appointments, visit vaccine.ky.gov. To see a list of vaccination sites that have openings this week, visit vaccinemap.ky.gov. If Kentuckians have questions, they should call the state’s COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline, 855-598-2246 or TTY 855-326-4654 (for deaf or hard-of-hearing Kentuckians).
I got my 1st COVID-19 Vaccine and will get my 2nd dose this week!
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- 10 Digit Dialing10 Digit Dialing a new requirement for many places to dial the full 10 digit phone number fir all local calls. 10 Digit Dialing appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 10 Digit Dialing ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the countryLego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country - Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country appeared first on Courageous… Read more »
- Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your ProblemVanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem. Only one person can! Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- ForgivenessForgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2 Forgiveness appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- The Christian being like a pumpkin analogyAn Analogy of how being a Christian is like a pumpkin, explains being a christian in the form of being a pumpkin being carved into a jack-o-lantern. #pumpkin The Christian being like a pumpkin analogy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Christian being like… Read more »
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- My account
- Contact Steve Sews
- Steve Sews Stuff
- Steve Sews Stuff Shop
- Steve Sews Stuff Blog