Masks are a public health measure that are likely to stick around – Though vaccines approved at the end of 2020 have helped communities return to some semblance of normalcy, public health officials are recommending that some safety measures, including masks, be kept in place.
Masks are a public health measure that are likely to stick around
In the opening months of the COVID-19 pandemic, masks became a must-have accessory. Public health agencies like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization urged governments to issue mask mandates to help stop the spread of the potentially deadly coronavirus that claimed the lives of millions of people across the globe. Though vaccines approved at the end of 2020 have helped communities return to some semblance of normalcy, public health officials are recommending that some safety measures, including masks, be kept in place.
In February 2021, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infection Diseases, indicated the possibility that mask-wearing measures will remain in place into 2022. That decision is ultimately up to local governments in many parts of the world, including the United States, and many government officials had already relaxed mask mandates by spring 2021.
The issue of masks was politicized in the early months of the pandemic, but health officials like Dr. Fauci have repeatedly noted that masks are about public health, not politics. Dr. Fauci has routinely noted that wearing masks can help prevent the spread of COVID-19, including new coronavirus variants that could be especially dangerous.
Masks have put business owners in particularly difficult situations, forcing many to act as their own police when customers refuse to wear masks. The road has been especially difficult for business owners who have kept mask mandates in place despite operating in communities where government-mandated mask requirements have been lifted.
Certain strategies may increase the likelihood that customers are more cooperative in regard to wearing masks. For example, the popular grocery chain Whole Foods, which is owned by Amazon, offered free masks to anyone who wanted one in their stores. Clearly stating mask policies in bold, large lettering near story entryways is another way to keep customers informed. Such signage can reduce the likelihood of confrontations in the store. And though business owners may shudder at the thought of policing their customers, hiring additional security to support staff tasked with enforcing mask policies can help employees feel safer and may compel uncooperative customers to more quickly recognize the importance of adhering to store policies.
Masks figure to remain an important public health accessory even as millions and millions of people get vaccinated against COVID-19. Business owners may not relish enforcing their mask policies, but they can do so in ways designed to reduce the likelihood of confrontations.
Article compliments of MetroCreative CB217082
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- 10 Digit Dialing10 Digit Dialing a new requirement for many places to dial the full 10 digit phone number fir all local calls. 10 Digit Dialing appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 10 Digit Dialing ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the countryLego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country - Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country appeared first on Courageous… Read more »
- Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your ProblemVanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem. Only one person can! Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- ForgivenessForgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2 Forgiveness appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- The Christian being like a pumpkin analogyAn Analogy of how being a Christian is like a pumpkin, explains being a christian in the form of being a pumpkin being carved into a jack-o-lantern. #pumpkin The Christian being like a pumpkin analogy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Christian being like… Read more »
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- My account
- Contact Steve Sews
- Steve Sews Stuff
- Steve Sews Stuff Shop
- Steve Sews Stuff Blog