Original Orange-Handled Scissors – Back of my Fiskars Snippers it shared about the original Orange-handled Scissors. #Scissors #OrangeHandledScissors #Fiskars
Original Orange-Handled Scissors
Introduced to the world in 1967, these iconic scissors offered seamstresses a radical improved cutting experience, earning it instant, off-limits status as “mom’s good sewing scissors.” The same still holds true today.
Orange-handled scissors are a registered trademark of Fiskars Finland Oy Ab.
I have an old pair that I have had forever, however, they are now general use. I don’t recall how long I have had them. But, I don’t think mine are Fiskars brand, as no marking on it as who made it.
But this was a cool thing to learn. So here are some more facts about these Orange-handled Scissors.
Original Orange-handled Scissors Facts
- Introduced 1967
- Full limited warranty
- Good sewing scissors
- Made with stainless-steel blades
- Precision-ground edge
- Stays sharp longer
- Cuts all the way to the tip
- Essential for anyone who cuts fabric
- Lightweight design
- Ergonomically sculpted handle
- Provides unmatched cutting control
- Bent handle design
- Keeps materials flat for precise cuts every time
- Since its inception, the Finnish company has sold more than a billion pairs
- Orange won over black 9-7 in a company vote.
- Became a permanent fixture in New York’s Museum of Modern Art in 2004
- The color orange even has its own trademark
- Before each pair leaves the factory, professional “scissors listeners” make sure they produce the right snip sound as the steel blades slice together
- Bäckström was working on creating plastic tabletops and other home goods at Fiskars. He had some bright-orange plastic leftover from making orange juicers, which became the de facto material for his prototype scissors
- In celebration of its 50th anniversary, 2017, the Helsinki Design Museum asked designers and artists to create works using and inspired by the scissors
What Other some other facts about these Orange-handled scissors?
Feel free to share in the comments below. Also feel free to share about your experiences with them too.