Pre-Cut Fabric Sizes – pre-cut fabric has special names. In this post, I share them and the fabric cut size. #fabric (Free Printable!)
Pre-Cut Fabric Sizes
When you go to your local fabric store or local quilt shop, this handy guide will help you know what each pre-cut fabric size is.
- Candy – 2½ inches square
- Charm Packs – 5 inch squares
- Chips – 5 inch squares
- Bricks – 5 inch x 9½ inch
- Dessert Roll – 5 inch wide strips
- Fat Eighth / Fat Eights – 9 inch x 22 inch
- Fat Quarter – 18 inch x 22 inch
- Half Yard – 16 inches in length
- Honey Bun – 1½ inch strips
- Jelly Roll – 2½ inch wide strips
- Layer Cake – 10 inch squares
- Quarter Yard – 8 inches in length
- Tiles – 10 inch squares
- Turnovers – 6 inch half-square triangles
- Yard – 35-108 inches in length (widths can vary)
- Bolt – 35-108 inches in length by what is on the whole bolt. Often around 100 yards in length.
Any other special size I left off?
If so, please let me know so I can update this post and the free printable!
Stay tuned as I may blog about each size too!
Don’t miss a single blog post about sewing, quilting, crafts, and recipes! Plus so much more!
Follow on WordPress
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All of Steve’s Blogs
- Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game ShowSteve Sews Stuff Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show - these sewing items are in a stack and players take turns pulling them without having the stack fall. #thefinalstraw #sewing Sewing Items in The Final Straw Game Show appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
Most Clipart used: Pexels, Adobe Express, Adobe Stock, FreePik, and more. This site uses Amazon Affiliate Ads & Google Ads.