Quilts are not cheap – some people complain or say something about how expensive quilts are, do not know what goes in to one. #quilts #quilting
Quilts are not cheap
I am just learning to make quilts. There is a lot that goes into one, thus not making them cheap.
One thing to consider is the cost of supplies, such as …
- Sewing needles
- Stabilizer (if needed)
- Special rulers
- Rotary cutters
- Other notions
All of those supplies can add up, especially in a big quilt. Often you may only want a certain part of the fabric design, causing you need to buy much more of the fabric.
Plus people do not think about other things about quilt making …
The time that is put into quilting the quilt.
- Going to the store for the supplies
- Cutting the fabric
- Determining the pattern
- Sewing the fabric in blocks
- Adding stabilizer if needed
- Adding lining
- Adding backing
- Sewing pattern when finished
- Adding trim or border
- And more
When you add up all of the supplies and your time into making a quilt … That is why quilts are not cheap!
Maybe I should note, a custom handmade quilt not factory made quilt!
What else can cause a quilt to not be cheap?
Feel free to share in the comments below.
Don’t miss a single blog post about sewing, quilting, crafts, and recipes! Plus so much more!
Follow on WordPressFollow Steve Sews Stuff on WordPress.com
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All of Steve’s Blogs
- Face Masks Make Great Stocking Stuffers
- Pocket Tissue Holders Make Great Stocking StuffersSteve Sews Stuff Pocket Tissue Holders Make Great Stocking Stuffers # christmasstockings #pockettissueholders Pocket Tissue Holders Make Great Stocking Stuffers appeared first on Steve Sews Stuff. Read more »
- Scrooge, An Example of a New Creation
Most Clipart used: Pexels, Adobe Express, Adobe Stock, FreePik, and more. This site uses Amazon Affiliate Ads & Google Ads.