Quilts are not cheap – some people complain or say something about how expensive quilts are, do not know what goes in to one. #quilts #quilting
Quilts are not cheap
I am just learning to make quilts. There is a lot that goes into one, thus not making them cheap.
One thing to consider is the cost of supplies, such as …
- Sewing needles
- Stabilizer (if needed)
- Special rulers
- Rotary cutters
- Other notions
All of those supplies can add up, especially in a big quilt. Often you may only want a certain part of the fabric design, causing you need to buy much more of the fabric.
Plus people do not think about other things about quilt making …
The time that is put into quilting the quilt.
- Going to the store for the supplies
- Cutting the fabric
- Determining the pattern
- Sewing the fabric in blocks
- Adding stabilizer if needed
- Adding lining
- Adding backing
- Sewing pattern when finished
- Adding trim or border
- And more
When you add up all of the supplies and your time into making a quilt … That is why quilts are not cheap!
Maybe I should note, a custom handmade quilt not factory made quilt!
What else can cause a quilt to not be cheap?
Feel free to share in the comments below.
Don’t miss a single blog post about sewing, quilting, and recipes! Plus much more!
Follow on WordPressFollow Steve Sews Stuff on WordPress.com
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All of Steve’s Blogs
- God is like bleach He removes stains no one else canGod is like bleach He removes stains no one else can - He washes us white as snow. #bgbg2 God is like bleach He removes stains no one else can appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at God is like bleach He removes stains no one… Read more »
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park requiring face masks againSteve Sews Stuff Great Smoky Mountain National Park requiring face masks again - Consistent with CDC guidance regarding areas of substantial or high transmission, visitors to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask inside all park buildings. Great Smoky Mountain National Park… Read more »
- 46 Random Bible Verses46 Random Bible Verses - this blog post shares 46 random Bible verses. #bibleverses #bgbg2 46 Random Bible Verses appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 46 Random Bible Verses ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog… Read more »
- Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 - I share some fun facts and famous birthdays for the 6th of August. #August6 Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Fun & Interesting Facts About August 6 ©2004-2022 by Steve… Read more »
- Contact Steve Sews
- My account
- Refunds & Returns Policy
- Steve Sews Stuff Blog
- Steve Sews Stuff Shop