Started my 1st Quilt – I am going to attempt to make my first quilt ever! I plan to make a Nautical Quilt. #Quilt #Quilting #Nautical #NauticalQuilt
Started my 1st Quilt
My 1st quilt will be a Nautical themed quilt. I got started on it last night and sewed. (I already had my squares cut). I am using eight inch squares for this quilt design. I am also going to use sashing around the squares. Blue for the horizontal and maroon for the vertical.
So far I have 9 panels tall. I am thinking I may do it 10 or 11 panels tall. I took a t-shirt stabilizing class not that long ago. In that class, Cindy Bingham of ABC Quilting Studio was there teaching at Little Women’s Quilt Shop. Not only did I learn how to stabilize a t-shirt to make a quilt, btw, that will part of my next quilt I make. But, I learned about sashing and that sashing in quilting, should be no more than 1/3 of the block size. So in this example I am using 2 1/2 inch sashing.
I am not sure how wide I am going to make this yet. You will want the quilt taller than wide. But, I want it big enough to still put on the bed and cover the bed.
Some of the fabric items will include …
- and more
Don’t forget to allow your seam allowance, of 1/4 inch. So my squares I use a Square ruler to cut. It cuts them at 8 1/2 inches. Then my solid colors I am cutting the strips at 3 inch wide for my sashing.
I have 50 something nautical panels, I also cut two of each kind of nautical fabric I have.
Here are some examples of the panels
I was told to start with a small quilt first! But, I am going all out and doing a big one. After all, this one is for me.
I have plans to make another quilt after this one, this time I am going to use 12 inch squares. After, that I plan to take all my old t-shirts and some other family members t-shirts to make a T-shirt quilt too.
Yes! I am a guy and making a quilt! You will want to make sure you follow this blog to see my progress of making my 1st quilt! Not to mention, I will continue to share about face masks, sewing, and other things too! Subscribe Today!
If you have any tips, tricks, etc. that can help me along my quilting journey, feel free to share them in the comments below! Thank you!
Subscribe to SteveZ MaskZ Blog Posts:
Don’t Miss Another How-to Video, Podcast or any other blog posts from SteveZ MaskZ. Subscribe today! Just enter your email address below to subscribe!
Follow SteveZ MaskZ on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow SteveZ MaskZ on social media as well.
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- 10 Digit Dialing10 Digit Dialing a new requirement for many places to dial the full 10 digit phone number fir all local calls. 10 Digit Dialing appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 10 Digit Dialing ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the countryLego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country - Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country appeared first on Courageous… Read more »
- Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your ProblemVanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem. Only one person can! Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- ForgivenessForgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2 Forgiveness appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- The Christian being like a pumpkin analogyAn Analogy of how being a Christian is like a pumpkin, explains being a christian in the form of being a pumpkin being carved into a jack-o-lantern. #pumpkin The Christian being like a pumpkin analogy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Christian being like… Read more »
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »