The long-term effects of COVID-19 – The CDC notes that the following are some of the most commonly reported long-term symptoms, which have been documented to linger anywhere from several weeks to even months after recovery.
The long-term effects of COVID-19
As the end of winter draws near, much of the world is marking its one-year anniversary living under COVID-19-related restrictions. That’s certainly not a milestone worthy of celebration, and many people across the globe would insist it’s felt like much more than a year since their lives were first affected by COVID-19.
By the time the calendar finally turned from 2020 to 2021, tens of millions of people across the globe had been infected with COVID-19. According to Worldometer, which manually analyzes, validates and aggregates data from thousands of sources in real time, by early January 2021 there were more than 87 million documented cases of COVID-19 and nearly two million virus-related deaths across the globe. Nearly 62 million COVID-19 patients recovered from the virus by early 2021, but many of those people may suffer from long-term health effects.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is actively working to learn more about the potential long-term effects associated with COVID-19. Because of the relative infancy of the virus, it’s impossible to know just how long the long-term side effects in recovered patients will last. However, the CDC notes that the following are some of the most commonly reported long-term symptoms, which have been documented to linger anywhere from several weeks to even months after recovery.
· Shortness of breath
· Joint pain
· Chest pain
In addition to those symptoms, the CDC notes that some people who have recovered from COVID-19 have reported experiencing difficulty with thinking and concentration as well as depression. Recovering patients also have reported symptoms like muscle pain, headache, intermittent fever, and heart palpitations.
More serious long-term complications are being investigated by the CDC. Such complications have thus far appeared to be less common, though the CDC cautions that more research and time is needed to determine clinical care for COVID-19 as well as how many people may ultimately experience these symptoms.
· Cardiovascular: Inflammation of the heart muscle
· Respiratory: Lung function abnormalities
· Renal: Acute kidney injury
· Dermatologic: Rash, hair loss
· Neurological: Smell and taste problems, sleep issues, difficulty with concentration, memory problems
· Psychiatric: depression, anxiety, changes in mood
As the world continues to combat COVID-19, public health agencies like the CDC are learning more about the virus, including some long-term side effects that could affect patients after they have recovered.
Article Compliments of MetroCreative. TF213780
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- 10 Digit Dialing10 Digit Dialing a new requirement for many places to dial the full 10 digit phone number fir all local calls. 10 Digit Dialing appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 10 Digit Dialing ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the countryLego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country - Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country appeared first on Courageous… Read more »
- Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your ProblemVanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem. Only one person can! Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- ForgivenessForgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2 Forgiveness appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- The Christian being like a pumpkin analogyAn Analogy of how being a Christian is like a pumpkin, explains being a christian in the form of being a pumpkin being carved into a jack-o-lantern. #pumpkin The Christian being like a pumpkin analogy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Christian being like… Read more »
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- My account
- Contact Steve Sews
- Steve Sews Stuff
- Steve Sews Stuff Shop
- Steve Sews Stuff Blog