Thread the Needle Day – this can be a literal or other meaning holiday. #threadtheneedleday #threadtheneedle
Thread the Needle Day
Celebrated annually on July 25. I am in sure of how or who started this holiday.
Here are some of the different meanings of “Thread the Needle.”
- Literal meaning – Taking a thread and guiding it through a sewing needle.
- Metaphorical sense: Finding a path through at least two opposing views.
- Game move: In billiards this is a move where the ball is shot precisely through a narrow pathway.
- Yoga pose: Also known as para balasana, in this pose you bring the body to a kneeling position with both hands on the floor (table pose). Slide the left hand all the way to the right beneath the body. The head and shoulder should rest comfortably on the floor, creating a slight twist in the spine.
- Sports metaphor: Often employed in sports to describe a tight space in which to move the ball.
- Bible: “Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.” Matthew 19:24
Any other meanings?
Feel free to share in the comments.
Meet the staff and/or equipment for Steve Sews.
Don’t miss a single blog post about sewing, quilting, crafts, and recipes! Plus so much more!
Follow on WordPressFollow Steve Sews Stuff on WordPress.com
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Below are some examples of blog entries from all blogs that I do. (Courageous Christian Father, Steve Sews Stuff and SteveZ DesignZ).
Recent Feed of All of Steve’s Blogs
Clipart: Unsplash, Pixabay, Pexels, Openverse, Adobe Express, Adobe Stock, FreePik, MetroCreative and more. This site uses Amazon Affiliate Ads & Google Ads.