U.S. Postal Service Announces Proposed Temporary Rate Adjustments for 2021 Peak Holiday Season – The United States Postal Service filed notice today with the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) regarding a temporary price adjustment for key package products for the 2021 peak holiday season. This temporary rate adjustment is similar to one in 2020 that anticipated heightened peak-season package and shipping demand, which typically results in extra handling costs.
U.S. Postal Service Announces Proposed Temporary Rate Adjustments for 2021 Peak Holiday Season
The USPS did this last year too!
The planned peak-season pricing, which was approved by the Governors of the Postal Service on Aug. 5, would affect prices on commercial and retail domestic competitive parcels – Priority Mail Express (PME), Priority Mail (PM), First-Class Package Service (FCPS), Parcel Select, USPS Retail Ground, and Parcel Return Service. International products would be unaffected. Pending favorable review by the PRC, the temporary rates would go into effect at 12:00 a.m., Central Time, on Oct. 3, 2021, and remain in place until 12:00 a.m., Central Time, Dec. 26, 2021.
This seasonal adjustment will bring prices for the Postal Service’s commercial and retail customers in line with competitive practices. No structural changes are planned as part of this limited pricing initiative.
“Delivering for America,” the Postal Service’s 10-year plan for achieving financial sustainability and service excellence, calls for appropriate pricing initiatives. The Postal Service has some of the lowest mail postage rates in the industrialized world and continues to offer great values in shipping. These temporary rates will keep the Postal Service competitive while providing the agency with the revenue to cover extra costs in anticipation of peak-season volume surges similar to levels experienced in 2020. The forecasted additional revenue from the time-limited increase will depend on the volume of packages shipped between Oct. 3 and Dec. 26, 2021 – the period the Postal Service historically considers its holiday peak season.
The planned price changes include:
Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, Parcel Select Ground and USPS Retail Ground:
- $0.75 increase for PM and PME Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes.
- $0.25 increase for Zones 1-4, 0-10 lbs.
- $0.75 increase for Zones 5-9, 0-10 lbs.
- $1.50 increase for Zones 1-4, 11-20 lbs.
- $3.00 increase for Zones 5-9, 11-20lbs.
- $2.50 increase for Zones 1-4, 21-70 lbs.
- $5.00 increase for Zones 5-9, 21-70 lbs.
United States Postal Service Announces Proposed Temporary Rate Adjustments for 2021 Peak Holiday Season
|Parcel Select Destination|
Delivery Unit (DDU)
|Starts at $3.30||No change|
|Parcel Select Lightweight (DDU)||Starts at $2.15||No change|
|FCPS Commercial||Starts at $3.01||30 cents|
|FCPS Retail||Starts at $4.00||30 cents|
|Parcel Select Lightweight|
(DSCF and DNDC)
|Starts at $2.55||$1.00|
|Parcel Select DSCF||Starts at $4.84||$1.00|
|Parcel Select DNDC||Starts at $6.85||$1.00|
|Parcel Return Service||Starts at $3.21||$1.00|
A full list of commercial and retail pricing can be found on the Postal Service’s Postal Explorer website https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm
The PRC will review the prices before they are scheduled to take effect on Oct. 3, 2021. The complete Postal Service price filings with prices for all products can be found on the PRC website under the Daily Listings section at prc.gov/dockets/daily. The price change tables are also available on the Postal Service’s Postal Explorer website at pe.usps.com/PriceChange/Index.
The Postal Service’s “Delivering for America” 10-year plan aims to reverse a projected $160 billion in losses over the next 10 years. The Plan’s growth and efficiency initiatives will spur cash flow and savings to make $40 billion in capital investments over the next 10 years – including approximately $20 billion towards the Postal Service’s mail and package processing network, facility upgrades and procurement of new processing equipment.
The Postal Service generally receives no tax dollars for operating expenses and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.
For U.S. Postal Service media resources, including broadcast-quality video and audio and photo stills, visit the USPS Newsroom. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterestand LinkedIn. Subscribe to the USPS YouTube channel, like us on Facebook and enjoy our Postal Posts blog. For more information about the Postal Service, visit usps.com and facts.usps.com.
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- Happy ThanksgivingFrom Courageous Christian Father and my family to yours. I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Give God thanks for what you have and what you don't have. #thanksgiving #HappyThanksgiving Happy Thanksgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Happy Thanksgiving ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson… Read more »
- Daily Thanksgiving brings Thanks LivingDaily Thanksgiving brings Thanks Living! When you take time to think, you will find you have a lot to be thankful for. God has blessed us with so much! #Thanksgiving #Thanksliving Daily Thanksgiving brings Thanks Living appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Daily Thanksgiving brings… Read more »
- Thanksgiving Blog PostThanksgiving Blog Post - Below are Thanksgiving Day Blog post that can be found on Courageous Christian Father. Celebrate this day of Thanks Living by checking out these Thanksgiving related blog post. #Thanksgiving Thanksgiving Blog Post appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Thanksgiving Blog Post… Read more »
- Thanksgiving Day Quiz PrintableThanksgiving Day Quiz, test your Thanksgiving Day knowledge. Only 8 questions to answer too! There is also a free printable version too! Including an answer sheet. #Thanksgiving #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingQuiz #ThanksgivingDayQuiz Thanksgiving Day Quiz Printable appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Thanksgiving Day Quiz Printable ©2004-2021… Read more »
- Good Grief DayGood Grief Day - “Good Grief!” is a phrase often used by Charlie Brown, the main character from Charles Schulz's comic strip, Peanuts. #GoodGriefDay Good Grief Day appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Good Grief Day ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian… Read more »
- A Thanksgiving PoemA Thanksgiving Poem is written by myself, Steve Patterson. This is done like an acronym acrostic type poem. Plus a free printable version to download and print! #Thanksgiving #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingPoem A Thanksgiving Poem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A Thanksgiving Poem ©2004-2021 by Steve… Read more »
- FriendsgivingGiving of thanks with friends, Thanksgiving with friends. #friendsgiving #thanksgiving Friendsgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Friendsgiving ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian Movies,… Read more »
- Heaven’s Most Wanted List Church SignHeaven’s Most Wanted List Church Sign - Is this week's Church Sign Saturday which takes us to Barbourville, KY to Roadside Baptist Church. #Barbourville #BarbourilleKY #ChurchSign #ChurchSigns Heaven’s Most Wanted List Church Sign appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Heaven’s Most Wanted List Church Sign… Read more »
- A-Z of ThanksgivingA-Z of Thanksgiving a list of things Thanksgiving from A to Z. #Thanksgiving A-Z of Thanksgiving appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at A-Z of Thanksgiving ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology,… Read more »
- Steve Sews Stuff Blog
- Steve Sews Stuff
- My account
- Contact Steve Sews
- Steve Sews Stuff Shop