Celebrating Mother’s Day while social distancing – Here are some ways to make Mother’s Day special even while social distancing. With some creative thinking, moms across the county can still enjoy the special day they deserve. #MothersDay
Celebrating Mother’s Day while social distancing
To say that COVID-19 changed life as we know it would be an understatement. Many people likely never imagined how much their daily routines would be affected when this novel coronavirus was just a blip on the radar at the end of 2019.
Social distancing may have become the new normal, but it doesn’t mean that holidays like Mother’s Day have to be a washout. As evidenced by holidays that have already taken place amidst social distancing guidelines, people are finding creative ways to celebrate special occasions. Here are some ways to make Mother’s Day special even while social distancing.
· Turn to social apps.
Virtual meeting applications, like Zoom, Skype and FaceTime provide invaluable opportunities to speak and connect face-to-face when in-person gatherings are not possible. They also can be used to break bread together or to play games or relay stories.
· Deliver gifts.
Take a few cues from the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus and plan to drop gifts and run. Seniors and people who have compromised immune systems are at a higher risk of contracting contagious illnesses. While it may be tempting to visit your mother or grandmother in person, even a short visit could put her health at risk. Instead, leave gifts outside the house. For added fun, hide the gifts and provide scavenger hunt clues.
· Dine out at home.
If dining out was something you typically do on Mother’s Day, replicate the experience at home. Try to recreate Mom’s favorite meal from the restaurant she loves or see if that restaurant offers curbside pickup. Transform the dining table into a restaurant table, or take the meal outdoors for some al fresco fun. Let kids serve as the wait staff.
· Spend time together.
One of the silver linings of social distancing is the opportunity for family members who reside under one roof to have more uninterrupted time together. Chances are having the kids nearby and sharing some stories and laughs together will be a perfect way for Mom to enjoy Mother’s Day.
In some cases, you all still may have to wear face masks when you get together.
What are some other ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day that includes social distancing?
Feel free to share in the comments below.
The same can apply to dads for Father’s Day coming up in June.
Article Compliments of MetroCreative. TF206039
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- 10 Digit Dialing10 Digit Dialing a new requirement for many places to dial the full 10 digit phone number fir all local calls. 10 Digit Dialing appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 10 Digit Dialing ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the countryLego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country - Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country appeared first on Courageous… Read more »
- Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your ProblemVanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem. Only one person can! Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- ForgivenessForgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2 Forgiveness appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- The Christian being like a pumpkin analogyAn Analogy of how being a Christian is like a pumpkin, explains being a christian in the form of being a pumpkin being carved into a jack-o-lantern. #pumpkin The Christian being like a pumpkin analogy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Christian being like… Read more »
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- My account
- Contact Steve Sews
- Steve Sews Stuff
- Steve Sews Stuff Shop
- Steve Sews Stuff Blog