Modified graduations again likely for many schools – Though the world is slowly emerging from the pandemic as more people are vaccinated, virtual and modified graduations figure to be the norm for 2021. #Graduation #Classof2021
Modified graduations again likely for many schools
Students continue to face many challenges related to the global pandemic. No one could have predicted at the start of 2020 that the schooling students have grown accustomed to over several generations would be completely transformed, seemingly at the drop of a hat. That sudden shift has proven to be just one of many challenges that students, educators and parents faced during the pandemic.
Members of the class of 2020 faced a lot of adversity as ceremonies like prom and graduation were canceled. Though the world is slowly emerging from the pandemic as more people are vaccinated, virtual and modified graduations figure to be the norm for 2021.
New York University President Andrew Hamilton announced in a February 2021 email that the school would be holding a virtual commencement for the Class of 2021. He cited an inability to safely host a mass gathering amid the ongoing pandemic. Indiana University plans to hold an in-person commencement at all of its campuses, but it will be limited to graduates only. Family and friends can join the celebration virtually. Emory University will have Dr. Anthony Fauci as its commencement speaker for its College of Arts and Sciences. Emory plans to hold a series of live and physically distanced graduation ceremonies for its various colleges. Dr. Fauci will be live-streamed remotely from Washington, D.C. The University of Florida and other schools will spread ceremonies across several days so that graduates can receive their degrees in person.
Regardless of how graduations will be held this year, graduates and their families must be resilient and accommodating. If a school hosts an in person ceremony, graduates may be asked to adhere to certain guidelines, including:
· physical distancing protocols that adhere to CDC recommendations
· multiple ceremony dates
· eliminating or shortening processional marches
· eliminating handshakes from presiding faculty
· reduced numbers of speakers
· limits to the number of guests in attendance
· ceremonies taking place outside
Graduates who will participate in virtual commencements are urged to be ready for the celebration in advance and test the strength of their internet connections. Also, he or she should download an updated version of the video conferencing application the school will be using and check the invitation link to understand how to connect. Family and friends should do the same so they can view the ceremony as well.
Graduations stand to be different this year, but faculty and students can do their best to adapt and celebrate graduates’ hard-earned accomplishments.
Article Compliments of MetroCreative. TF215928
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All Blogs
- 10 Digit Dialing10 Digit Dialing a new requirement for many places to dial the full 10 digit phone number fir all local calls. 10 Digit Dialing appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at 10 Digit Dialing ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father… Read more »
- Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the countryLego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country - Yes! Those old unused lego bricks can get a new home! #Lego #LegoReplay #LegoMaster #LegoBrick Lego Replay to give Lego bricks and donate them to children’s non-profits across the country appeared first on Courageous… Read more »
- Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your ProblemVanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem. Only one person can! Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Vanilla Ice Can’t Solve Your Problem ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about… Read more »
- ForgivenessForgiveness can be easier said than done. Do you easily forgive others when they do wrong to you? Have you ever had anyone not forgive you and you wished they did? What does it mean to forgive? #forgiveness #BGBG2 Forgiveness appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article… Read more »
- The Christian being like a pumpkin analogyAn Analogy of how being a Christian is like a pumpkin, explains being a christian in the form of being a pumpkin being carved into a jack-o-lantern. #pumpkin The Christian being like a pumpkin analogy appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at The Christian being like… Read more »
- Teal Pumpkin Project – Some Ideas for Non-Food TreatsThe Teal Pumpkin Project - Teal is the new Orange! - Help save God's children by not giving them allergen containing treats, but other gifts instead. Plus raising awareness of food allergies during Trick or Treats or Trunk or Treats. Did you know that 1 in 13 children have a… Read more »
- The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil RootsJack o' lanterns ... A fall decoration that you carve and put a light inside it. Plus, I share about The legend of jack-o'-lanterns and the evil dark side of these fall decorations you see around Halloween time. #jackolanterns The Legend of Jack o’ Lanterns and Their Evil Roots appeared… Read more »
- Reformation DayOctober 31 is also Reformation Day, Martin Luther wrote The 95 Thesis on this day 500 years ago and nailed it to the Castle Church door in Wittenburg in Germany. I share about Reformation Day and even the full length movie of I Will Not Recant. #ReformationDay #95Thesis #MartinLuther #IWillNotRecant… Read more »
- Judgement HouseJudgement House changing lives w/walk-through drama presentation of the gospel. See what it would be like to accept or reject Jesus w/portrayals of heaven & hell. #JudgementHouse Judgement House appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Judgement House ©2004-2021 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- My account
- Contact Steve Sews
- Steve Sews Stuff
- Steve Sews Stuff Shop
- Steve Sews Stuff Blog