Tennessee Department of Health Offering Third Dose of mRNA Vaccine – The Tennessee Department of Health is acting upon recent guidance from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding an additional dose of the COVID-19 mRNA vaccine for moderately and severely immunocompromised individuals.
Tennessee Department of Health Offering Third Dose of mRNA Vaccine
CDC Approved Recommendations for Third Dose for Moderately and Severely Immunocompromised Individuals
On August 13, 2021, the CDC accepted ACIP recommendations for an additional dose of the mRNA COVID-19 vaccine. This includes approval for a third dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine (approved for individuals age 12 years and above) and the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine (approved for individuals age 18 years and above). The recommendation from the CDC does not include approval for an additional dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Tennesseans should talk with their health care provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.
Based on the recommendations from the FDA and CDC, moderately and severely immunocompromised individuals, are defined as:
• Receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
• Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
• Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
• Advanced or untreated HIV infection
• Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
For more information on the CDC’s recommendation for an additional dose of an mRNA COVID-19 vaccine is available online.
A notification has been sent to all Tennessee providers with information on these recommendations. Providers are encouraged to begin offering the additional dose option to eligible patients. Visit www.Vaccines.gov to find a vaccine site offering the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. Patients do not need to prove their diagnosis to be eligible for an additional vaccine dose.
Local health departments across the state will be administering the additional dose option with no appointment necessary.
The mission of the Tennessee Department of Health is to protect, promote and improve the health and prosperity of people in Tennessee. Learn more about TDH services and programs at www.tn.gov/health.
Don’t miss a single blog post about sewing, quilting, and recipes! Plus much more!
Follow on WordPressFollow Steve Sews Stuff on WordPress.com
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All of Steve’s Blogs
- No Grocery Tax in Tennessee this AugustNo Grocery Tax in Tennessee this August - Tennessee Governor Bill Lee announced his proposal for a 30-day suspension of state and local grocery sales tax to provide direct financial relief to Tennesseans amid surging inflation nationwide. No Grocery Tax in Tennessee this August appeared first on Courageous Christian Father.… Read more »
- World NF Awareness Day & MonthWorld NF Awareness Day & Month - This is an awareness day that hits very close to home as I have Neurofibromatosis (NF). My mother, uncle, and cousins have NF. Some cities are gonna Shine A Light on NF on this day. #EndNF #WorldNFDay #Neurofibromatosis World NF Awareness Day &… Read more »
- Red Nose Day is BackRed Nose Day is back May 26, helping raise life-changing funds to ensure a healthy future for all children. #RedNoseDay #NosesOn Red Nose Day is Back appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Red Nose Day is Back ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous… Read more »
- Friends AcronymFriends Acronym - Check out this acronym for the word friends. #Friends Friends Acronym appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Friends Acronym ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ,… Read more »
- FREE VBS PrintablesFREE VBS Printables - These are great for all Vaction Bible School needs, may it be Virtual VBS, At-Home VBS, VBS in a box, and normally in-person physical VBS, here are some FREE VBS Printables to use for your Vacation Bible School. #VBSPrintables #VBS FREE VBS Printables appeared first on… Read more »
- Contact Steve Sews
- My account
- Refunds & Returns Policy
- Steve Sews Stuff Blog
- Steve Sews Stuff Shop