The purpose of the red ball on a seam ripper. #seamripper #redball #sewing
The purpose of the red ball on a seam ripper
Amazon affiliate links used
If so, this blog post will answer that!
When you use the seam ripper to rip out seams, the ball goes down on the project. If you use it with the ball up, point down, it can damage and/or rip the fabric.
That red ball is used to:
- Protect the fabric
- Allow for a smooth slide through the stitches
- Speeds the stitch removing
- Allows for a one swipe stitch removal
I could not find why they colored the ball red. Maybe perhaps, as a warning of it being sharp? Not sure! Just one of my theories. If you know, please share in the comments below.
Are there any other uses of this red ball? If so, please also share that in the comments.
Don’t miss a single blog post about sewing, quilting, and recipes! Plus much more!
Follow on WordPressFollow Steve Sews Stuff on WordPress.com
Follow Steve Sews Stuff on Social Media:
You can also choose to follow Steve Sews Stuff on social media as well. (@SteveSews2)
Recent Feed of All of Steve’s Blogs
- There Was Jesus is a Platinum SingleThere Was Jesus is now a Platinum Single - The hit Christian song There Was Jesus is a platinum single. #therewasjesus #ZachWilliams #DollyParton There Was Jesus is a Platinum Single appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at There Was Jesus is a Platinum Single ©2004-2022 by… Read more »
- Prayer BoxThe Dollar Tree sells Prayer Boxes #prayerbox Prayer Box appeared first on Courageous Christian Father. Read the full article at Prayer Box ©2004-2022 by Steve Patterson Steve Patterson of Courageous Christian Father.Courageous Christian Father - A Christian Blog about the Bible, Theology, God, Jesus Christ, Christian Music, Christian Movies, Family,… Read more »
- Contact Steve Sews
- My account
- Refunds & Returns Policy
- Steve Sews Stuff Blog
- Steve Sews Stuff Shop